Zunerama logo
Zune blog Zune forum Zune articles Zunerama login Zunerama register Zunerama FAQ Zunerama specifications Zune vs iPod Zunerama documentation library Zunerama buyer guide Zune Store
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 01, 2007, 06:07:39 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Find Zune accessories

Get your Zune 30 GB Player at Amazon:    (Black)     |     (Brown)     |     (White)     |     (Accessories)

+  Zunerama Forum
|-+  Zune Boards
| |-+  Zune Hacks and Mods
| | |-+  busted zune lcd
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: busted zune lcd  (Read 1391 times)
Bama
zune n00bie

View Profile
busted zune lcd
« on: January 03, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »

Well, first, hello everyone. Needless to say I'm very upset. I have had my zune for about 3 days and I was jumping out of my turret here in Baghdad and landed on my cargo pocket, which my zune was in!!! I was wondering if anyone knew what I should do. I'm contemplating replacing the screen myself using the tutorial and purchasing the screen both from Ipodmods.com. But I'm looking for a cheaper screen. The one on their site is 150. I'm prepared to pay that much but it doesn't seem like it should be that expensive. Any ideas anyone?
rshives
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
Re: busted zune lcd
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:04:52 PM »

First off, thanks for your service to our country.  Secondly, sorry to hear about your busted Zune.  I really can't give any solid advise on this, other than shopping around for a screen.

www.candrsolutions.net
jerry800
zune-ologist

YES! The zune holds majority at my school!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 02:25:10 PM »

I think you should try you warranty although it does not cover that kind of malfunction. Maybe if you ask them nice enough and tell them you are serving for our country they will reconsider it. It does not hurt to try.
Bama
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 08:21:09 AM »

Hey guys, I had my wife call Zune customer support seeing that they don't have an email addy... of all ppl Microsoft has only one way of communication and thats on a telephone! Not even a tech chat or anything. I hate Microsoft more and more everyday... My wife told them my situation, even tried a sob story and all they could tell her was the would fix it, FOR 200 DOLLARS!@@#% Jeez, the thing only costs 250. Thats only part of the crappy part... Not only would it be 200 bucks I would have to ship it to her then they would ship it back to her because they don't do APO's i suppose. Some much for "Support our Troops." So I decided I'll bite the bullet, figuratively of course, for the time being and order myself a fancy little Creative Labs Zen Vision W!!! Those things look amazing! Anyways, I will probably sell my zune after I repair the screen, or maybe not, LOL... Thats the great thing of ebay, ppl will buy anything, broken or not! Thanks for the help guys!
rj1790
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 11:25:53 PM »

Damn I would've keep it for a year before breaking the screen LOL
aaron00lee
zune master

Zune, School and Fun...my life in a nutshell

aaron00lee
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 07:24:39 AM »

Yea microsoft customer service is known for its 'great' service  Angry

Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »

Hey folks, I removed a few posts that were getting us off-topic here.

Zune on..!!  Thanks all.
drb_52
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

just an idea ed. How about letting 250 members buy a shot at winning his broken zune?  With the money, you buy him a new one.  I'd send a buck for a chance to have spare parts and experiment. 
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 03:02:55 PM »

I don't mind organizing that, if there's enough interest in such a drawing. $1 shot for a backup Zune - sounds pretty good to me! And get our guy in Baghdad back Zunin'.
drb_52
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »

Great!!!  I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting 248 more Zuners to help.
drb_52
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »

Wellll.  I hope I"m not wrong about finding 248 more people willing to part with a $1 to help out a soldier & fellow Zuner.  400+ views and nobody else has said they're in.   
yellowdragon
zune-ologist

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 04:45:39 PM »

Will you take PayPal?  and:  When do we start?  Smiley
Zunerama Ed.
Global Moderator
zune rockstar

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

Yes, I think we could set it up as a PayPal thing.

I would envision it where I would post a list of each member that contributes, so everyone would know it's on the up-and-up - - i.e. that I didn't collect $1,000 to buy a $250 replacement Zune.

Then I would randomly draw for the winner of the broken Zune - and send the new one to Bama.
dr1v3thru
zune commando

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2007, 05:24:39 PM »

you could use any extra money to buy a desert camo skin for the zune  Grin

i'd like to say i'm in, but i have no way of putting in that $1.

globe91skate
zune trooper

I spilled the pea's..ssshhhh don't tell.

globe91skate
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2007, 08:47:15 PM »

I'd do it I would just have to use my bros paypal. But a chance at a one dollar zune is a mighty good deal.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Search for software: