Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:29:43 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: Ultimate Downloading Via Azureus « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Downloading Via Azureus  (Read 1896 times)
Schummy
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 08:07:17 AM »

What is a Torrent?  sorry newbie on the block
Sniperman
zune commando

*~*Sniperman*~*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 09:28:13 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent

*~*Sniperman*~*
sexycommando
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2007, 09:01:30 AM »

uTorrent is overall better than Azureus simply because it barely uses any system resources, and has practically the same set of options as Azureus. The only time I would use Azureus is if I'm using my brother's Macbook, since uTorrent isn't available on Mac OSX.

Has anyone here gotten warning letters from their ISP's or RIAA from using torrents to get music? I know a few people who got threat letters from Optimum Online for downloading music or movies, which basically said if they don't stop downloading copyrighted material they might get their account terminated and their information handed over to RIAA or MPAA. That's why I prefer private trackers that use invite-only, but it's hard to get invites to some places (i.e. Oink's Pink Palace).

Actually I have some beef with Oink's Pink Palace. My friend has an account because he signed up long before it became private, and he finds it really hard to keep his ratio up. There are too many uploaders and hardly any downloaders, so its almost impossible to build credit. He says once his ratio is above 1.0 he can give me an invite but I've been waiting for 2 years and he still isn't at 1.0.
jerry800
zune commando

Zune... It brings a new meaning to music

angry_guy8000@sbcglobal.net
View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 12:01:14 PM »

Demonoid is the best out there. Great trackers and all file and movies download so far work great. The registrations are not open always because they are very strict by the way they run there site. Everything is always seeded and prescanned for malware. If anyone wants an invitation code just pm me. IT is hard to register because registration doors close fast.

jerry800
zune commando

Zune... It brings a new meaning to music

angry_guy8000@sbcglobal.net
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »

If anyone is experiencing slugish downloads with azureus i will be willing to help to speed things up. I use to get speed from 3.2kbs to 30kbs now i get 150kbs to 250kbs. All because of port forwarding.

Hitman101
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 08:29:07 PM »

Utorrent is the best client out there for bitTorrent. It takes up very little resources and downloads very fast.
Sniperman
zune commando

*~*Sniperman*~*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 01:25:09 AM »

actually azureus is the best, but i always recommend utorrent for the noobs

*~*Sniperman*~*
Hitman101
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2007, 08:43:59 PM »

Not really. I don't know if you have noticed (since you called me a noob.) Azureus uses java which is slower then actually programing a bittorent client in normal C++. As well as being big and bulky Azureus takes up more system resources then utorrent and many other non-java based clients.

Sorry to burst your bubble.  Undecided

If you don't agree with me it's pretty much too bad for you since most people that have ACTUALLY TRIED BOTH CLIENTS agree. (The ones that don't lie through their teeth.)

http://chris.pirillo.com/2005/10/19/utorrent-vs-azureus-for-torrents/
Sniperman
zune commando

*~*Sniperman*~*

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 04:16:14 AM »

i didn't call you a noob.  its just that i recommend it to ppl who are new to torrents.  and i know utorrent is good, its my backup, but azureus allows me to better configure it to my needs.

and how can personal opinion make me lie through my teeth?
grow up guy.

*~*Sniperman*~*
AstainHellbring
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 04:33:26 AM »

utorrent all the way here so light and easy its nice
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: Ultimate Downloading Via Azureus « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans