Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 01, 2009, 01:41:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Japanese RPGs  (Read 254 times)
madar1985
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Japanese RPGs
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:36:56 AM »

A few points about them really.

First off, why do they get all the bad press?

To be honest, I know the answer; they give you no input in your character's progression, and are often fairly silly and pretentious. All I'm saying is that these negatives mean nothing to me. That's right, I think that having a choice in your character's progression actually detracts from a game. Films and books tell better stories than games, and, for obvious reasons, they never gave anyone a choice in character progression. Further, I've never found an RPG convincing enough to make me seriously care how my character turns out. When playing Mass Effect, or the like, I pick which route to go down arbitrarily, or purely by a guess on which route will be more interesting. I've found few Western RPGs to write home about, and none more recently than.. Baldur's Gate 2?

Best JRPG ever?

I'd say Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross. I think they're like less exposed but better versions of Final Fantasy. I'm playing Final Fantasy 7 now, and it honestly doesn't compare to Chrono Cross.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List