Zunerama logo   
News: Register to join Zunerama forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 02:38:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: DLO Power Pack for Zune  (Read 1831 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Review: DLO Power Pack for Zune
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:12:50 AM »

Digital Life Outfitters has assembled a sensible package of compact charging accessories for Zune.

Your Zune player comes with a USB sync cable, which doubles as a charging cable. Your Zune's battery gets charged whenever it's connected to your PC with the sync cable.

But there are times when that's not convenient, and the Power Pack fills that need with an AC adapter, an auto charger, and a USB dock cable.

See full review.

Summary.
Company: DLO (Digital Lifestyle Outfitters)
Link: http://www.DLO.com
Model: Power Pack for Zune
Price: $39.99

Amazon link: DLO Power Kit for Microsoft Zune

Pros:
The compact design and solid construction makes this accessory pack well-suited for on-the-go use.
Cons:
None.
Overall:
If you're ever more than half a day away from your PC, you'll be pleased to have this highly portable, stylish charging set along for the ride.

glowbee
zune rockstar

virtualjohn95@msn.com
View Profile
Re: Review: DLO Power Pack for Zune
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 10:58:50 PM »

This is a sweet package, considering that the Zune AC adapter alone costs $29.99. Hard deal to beat and it's going for $27.99 on Amazon right now. Definitely adding this to my birthday wishlist.

speeedracer1
zune n00bie

View Profile
Re: Review: DLO Power Pack for Zune
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 09:30:11 PM »

This package is nice and convenient.  I do like the folding prongs for the wall adaptor.  I don't like that it's one of the only options for zune car and wall chargers, so much for a second choice. But solid construction?  Not for me.  The usb cable is my first problem.  The side that connects to the zune plugs in hard and feels like it's going to snap right off, and the casing on my cable actually has fell apart more than once.  I have had no problems yet with the AC adaptor, but the car adaptor has also split apart on me once.  Nothing had actually broken, but $40 for a charger set that won't stay glued/snapped together under normal use? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List