Zunerama logo   
News: Zunerama: Straight talk on Microsoft Zune. Forums. News. Reviews. All things Zune.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2009, 01:56:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our most popular Zune accessory  (Read 638 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Our most popular Zune accessory
« on: May 23, 2009, 06:00:20 PM »

This may surprise you, but the Zune accessory that we get the most response to in Zunerama is one of the higher-end Zune docks available - the ZK500 dock from Kicker.

I was reminded of why this is today, when I hauled my ZK500 outside and blasted tunes for 4 hours while ZuneWidow and I did yard work. I love this sound system.

With my Zune 16gb docked in it, the ZK500 admirably and richly served up my “Running” playlist. Today’s random selections from that playlist included The Cars, Boston, Joe Satriano, The Actual Tigers, The Who, Jason Mraz, Plain White Ts, and many more of my faves.

Now that’s getting summer off to a good start.

Regularly $249, the ZK500 is available on Amazon for $186.

Mockers
zune master

Zune 120: 67% full

View Profile
Re: Our most popular Zune accessory
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »

In the picture the Kicker is facing us, but Zune Widow (I presume) is behind it. So how does it sound from front, sides, rear? Know what I mean? Does it have all those baffles and stuff that the Bose systems use?

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

I spun it that way for the picture - - while we did the yardwork we had it roughly facing us. That gives the best sound. It does peter out a bit from the extreme sides and the rear. But I found even working outside I only had it turned up about halfway on its volume scale.

tbird
zune rockstar

Just your average Zune 120 user!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 10:56:26 PM »

Is this system ac only, or does it also operate on batteries? I looked at the specs on Amazon and it never really said. I am pretty happy with the Altec Lansing system I got a while back on woot, but would like to have a system that is cord less.
Can't beat the price though...Thanks for the heads up.

Mockers
zune master

Zune 120: 67% full

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 06:43:07 AM »

I still wish it didn't look so much like it's only fitting for the Bat-Cave. Undecided
I love my TWO Altec Lansing M604's, but I would like to control the menu from them.
Harv did mention from the CES show that the Kicker people were making one that looked less bat-like, so I think I'll hold out for that. Might kick myself later, but I couldn't spring for this one right now anyway.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 07:42:21 AM »

Quote from: tbird on May 23, 2009, 10:56:26 PM
Is this system ac only, or does it also operate on batteries? I looked at the specs on Amazon and it never really said. I am pretty happy with the Altec Lansing system I got a while back on woot, but would like to have a system that is cord less.
Can't beat the price though...Thanks for the heads up.

It is AC-only - I used an extension cord from my garage yesterday to play it. I don't think there are any battery-powered docks, at this point at least.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 07:47:51 AM »

Quote from: Mockers on May 24, 2009, 06:43:07 AM
I still wish it didn't look so much like it's only fitting for the Bat-Cave. Undecided
I love my TWO Altec Lansing M604's, but I would like to control the menu from them.
Harv did mention from the CES show that the Kicker people were making one that looked less bat-like, so I think I'll hold out for that. Might kick myself later, but I couldn't spring for this one right now anyway.

I'll check with Kicker on their release plans for that - we should be seeing it in the next few months.

Georgie
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »

Very tempting but I know I shouldn't be spending even that much right now. If it would only go a little lower...

http://www.turnmeup.org/
Georgie
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 12:38:38 AM »

Quote from: Zunerama Ed. on May 24, 2009, 07:47:51 AM
I'll check with Kicker on their release plans for that - we should be seeing it in the next few months.

Has Kicker said anything about the release plans yet? I know I'm being impatient.  Embarrassed

http://www.turnmeup.org/
zuneramaed
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2009, 12:41:49 PM »

Cheesy Found the ZK500 for $161 + 5 shipped on https://zunestore.net/us/catalog/Accessories.aspx

Anyone know if the Zune HD will be backward compatible on the older docks?

TracerXXX
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 04:24:18 PM »

It has the same plug as the older gens  so it should be compatable. I havent checked the demensions though.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List