Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2009, 10:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maximo iM-590 earphones  (Read 165 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Maximo iM-590 earphones
« on: May 18, 2009, 10:54:01 PM »

Maximo has released its iM-590 earphones - the latest upgrade in the iMetal line. I’ve been using these sound-isolating earphones for the past three weeks, and found them to be impressive in design and performance. At $59, the iM-590 headphones fill a nice niche - superior quality earphones at a reasonable price.

The iM-590s come fully equipped with accessories, including three sizes of earbuds, shirt clip, airplane adapter, cell phone adapter, 24-inch extension cable, and carrying case.

The carrying case can hold all of the accessories, and includes an inner drum for wrapping the cable around.

The iM-590’s thoughtful design extends to the shirt clip. The clip attaches above the “Y” in the cable split; in fact, it doubles as an anti-tangle slider. This means that you can clip the earphone cable to the collar of your shirt - eliminating loose cord.

(Most shirt clips are attached to the main cable, below the split. This results in the clip attaching in the middle of your shirt, giving a longer length of looser cord to deal with.)

This is a definite plus when you’re out for a run or at the gym.

The earbud tip material strikes the right balance of flexibility and resilience. It makes for a comfortable fit, in my ears at least, and effectively blocks outside sound. These are “sound-isolating” earbuds that deserve the label.

The headphones are lightweight, made of a metal alloy material. The sound produced does not disappoint, with full lower tones and crisp uppers. Maximo recommends that the headphones be “burned in” for ten hours. I’ve used mine for about thirty hours at the time of this review. I honestly can’t say I’ve noticed a difference over that time, but I presume there is an engineering basis for recommending the burn-in. I can say that the sound has been rich and satisfying throughout.

If you’re in the market for a good set of earphones that are a definite cut above the norm, you can’t go far wrong by settling on the solid design and performance of the Maximo iM-590 earphones. We’re giving the iM-590s our Recommended by Zunerama designation.

Link to Maximo page: http://www.maximoproducts.com/imetal/iM-590.php

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List