Zunerama logo   
News: Zunerama: Straight talk on Microsoft Zune. Forums. News. Reviews. All things Zune.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:03:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FYI: For Your iPod Docking System, WTH do I do with it?  (Read 4575 times)
Georgie
zune master

View Profile
FYI: For Your iPod Docking System, WTH do I do with it?
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:10:45 PM »

I received an iPod docking system for Christmas and am just taking a look at it now. I was wondering if there was anyway to get some type of adapter cord to hook up to it or if I should just put the thing on ebay.

This is it:

Any suggestions?

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
Re: FYI: For Your iPod Docking System, WTH do I do with it?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:56:15 AM »

I would first try to take it back to the store. Hey store credit is better than nothing. Or put it on craig's list which I find a lot easier than dealing with the ebays of the world. You are generally dealing with local folks who will pay cash. Or.....you could just throw it away!! Grin

Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 90% full

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »

Quote from: tbird on February 21, 2009, 12:56:15 AM
I would first try to take it back to the store. Hey store credit is better than nothing. Or put it on craig's list which I find a lot easier than dealing with the ebays of the world. You are generally dealing with local folks who will pay cash. Or.....you could just throw it away!! Grin
Nah, tbird's just kidding about throwing it away. If you can't sell it or get store credit, with all the iPod users out there someone would at least take it off your hands for a 20 dollar bill.

Georgie
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:13:34 AM »

Quote from: Mockers on February 21, 2009, 11:36:53 AM
Nah, tbird's just kidding about throwing it away. If you can't sell it or get store credit, with all the iPod users out there someone would at least take it off your hands for a 20 dollar bill.

Unfortunately there was no gift receipt. So at this point it's either sell it for cheap or give it away.  Thanks guys for the suggestions, guys. Smiley

typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

Depending on where it's from (if you can guess), you might be able to get a store credit for a return even without a receipt, but it's a crapshoot doing so.

I think I saw that particular model on sale at Kohls, so you might check there.

Alternately, if it has an aux-in jack, you CAN connect your Zune to it with a patch cable and use the speakers, it just won't dock or charge.
typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 12:27:39 PM »

I took a look online, and it looks like Walmart used to sell that model.  Walmart's got a pretty easygoing return policy -- if they ever sold that model, they'll give you a store credit gift card for the value (which should be $35).
Georgie
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 05:26:46 PM »

Okay...I think I'll give that a shot. Thank you typoink.

Oltrogge
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 01:39:15 AM »

Quote from: typoink on February 27, 2009, 12:22:06 PM
Depending on where it's from (if you can guess), you might be able to get a store credit for a return even without a receipt, but it's a crapshoot doing so.ipad 2 cases
ipad2 leather case
iPad2 caseI think I saw that particular model on sale at Kohls, so you might check there.

Alternately, if it has an aux-in jack, you CAN connect your Zune to it with a patch cable and use the speakers, it just won't dock or charge.

Okay...I think I'll give that a shot. Thank you typoink.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List