Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 28, 2012, 07:00:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remote control no longer works  (Read 4939 times)
MidnightDad
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Remote control no longer works
« on: October 26, 2008, 08:27:40 AM »

Ever since upgrading my Zune 30 to the 3.0 firmware, the remote control on my home dock no longer works.  Yes, the batteries are ok.  Anyone else having this problem?
bubbagti
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
Re: Remote control no longer works
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:55:16 PM »

I recently had the same problem...just quit working for some reason.  I went to the Zune Hompage Support link and did a search.  They recommended that the battery compartment be opened all the way for 5 seconds and close it...this resets the remote.  I took the battery OUT for 5 seconds and put it back.  Finally...I have a working remote!!  I was about to buy another one until I tried this trick.  Here's the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944792?sd=zune

Look for step 5. stating the following:
Reset the wireless remote. To do this, open the Zune Wireless Remote battery tray, wait five seconds, and then close the battery tray.

Remote control no longer works
on: October 26, 2008, 07:27:40 AM Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since upgrading my Zune 30 to the 3.0 firmware, the remote control on my home dock no longer works.  Yes, the batteries are ok.  Anyone else having this problem?
cohoman
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:51:40 PM »

I noticed today that my Zune Wireless Remote v1 isn't working with my Zune 80 and a V1 Round Dock. It was working when I first got it, but not now (after the recent firmware upgrade). I tried resetting the remote as suggested, but still a no go.

cohoman

Zune User Tips: http://zunetips.wordpress.com

- video conversions - video tagging - general tips
batkinson001
lil zuner

UP THE IRONS!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »

Hey all, I was wondering if you guys knew where to get replacement zune remotes for the v2 a/v dock which comes bundled with some Zune 120's like mine did...

the up button and the back button stopped working yesterday but the day before were working but were really sluggish (other buttons work so the battery isn't dead, even tried the battery from the remote for my phillips stereo with ipod dock)...

would the V1 remote work? any 3rd party remotes? (something with better construction would be nice)...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:36:25 AM by batkinson001 » Logged

Mockers
zune rockstar

Zune 120: 90% full

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »

Quote from: batkinson001 on July 09, 2009, 09:25:42 AM
Hey all, I was wondering if you guys knew where to get replacement zune remotes for the v2 a/v dock which comes bundled with some Zune 120's like mine did...

Try eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m38.l1313&_nkw=zune+dock+remote&_sacat=See-All-Categories

rp718
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 04:01:53 PM »

I tried opening the battery compartment, closed and still did not work. Undocked the Zune, docked it again and now it works!
garhang98
zune n00bie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:25:45 AM »

Nice work.

cheap atv tires|sim only deals|toronto condo rentals|dermatologist santa monica
junavia
zune n00bie

junavia@live.com junavia junavia
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 12:18:31 AM »

your battary - Keep it in open space to fall sun light for some time, it may get recharged and it may work

resume format
resume examples
how to write a resume
jimmycrew
zune n00bie

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 01:52:09 AM »

- Woo i will surely post this information on my site.
Regards

christian religious stores|Medical Answering Services|pass your drug test|pass your drug test
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List