Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:27:57 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: What do you think about the Zune? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What do you think about the Zune?  (Read 1097 times)
Roschili
zune dog

ziggythasnail Roschili
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 05:27:18 PM »

my zune experience is amazing...although i hve to admit one of the best parts is showin my friends the have ipod videos a movie on my zune.  they get really depressed when they pull their ipod out and look @ the screen.  already two of my friends hve gotten rid of their ipods for zunes and i'm overjoyed.  it leads into my next favorite thing about the zune, sharing music with the wi-fi  its amazing....

ppl in real life i know with a zune = 6
darkzero63
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

Two words:

Subscription Enabled... My main reasons for choosing the Zune over the Ipood.
darkzero63
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 07:09:21 PM »

Zune is just amazing!  Shocked
MrGneissGuy
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 08:19:52 PM »

My first introduction into the world of digital audio players came two summers ago.  I did months of research, comparing different mp3 players, to find one that I would spend a fair bit of the money I had earned over the summer break on.  I had decided on the iRiver's H340, which I still stand by as one of the best hard-drive players on the market, to this day, despite being released a few years back (although since discontinued, likely from not being able to compete with iPod, and thus causing iRiver to turn to smaller flash players).  The player had every feature I had wanted in an mp3 player - FM Tuner, FM Recorder, Voice Recorder, Video playback, 40 GB of HD space, file-tree organization interface, text-file viewer, picture viewer, external HD capabilities, excellent sound quality, eq settings, etc.  Alas, the stars were aligned against me and on my way to the car after work one afternoon, the belt clip came loose (being my only complaint against iRiver and a HUGE one at that) releasing the player into the grass (or at least I presume).  When I got to the car, I realized it was gone and immediately began to retrace my steps, but in the 5 mins passed, someone had already scooped it and I have never seen it since.

I have waited until now to purchase another mp3 player, which is (of course, posting on this site) a zune, due to arrive next week at a friend's house in the states to be brought to me (across the border to Canada).

The time in between, a couple of iPods had entered the house through family members and I have played around with them, help set them up, etc.  They both had problems with them and had to be returned once.  Overall, I had decided that the mp3 of choice to someone boils down to what they need it for, or care for in their music experience.  I personally do not care for downloading subscription service music, such as iTunes or the Zune Marketplace.  Therefore, although I do think that iTunes is currently ahead of Microsoft in this department (expectedly, as is the case in many of the players comparible features), it is not a deciding factor to me.  I buy CDs and have a large personal library that I have been ripping on my computer for years.  Thus, what the Zune had that won me over was its larger screen, displaying album art, being able to customize the wallpaper, and its push buttons (not being a fan of the scroll wheel).  It is also currently on sale on amazon.com, being a fair price for its 30 GB HD space.  However, the 30GB is not enough to store all of the music ripped on my computer so I am eagerly anticipating the 2nd Gen Zune release.  I purchased the Zune to decide if it is 'right for me' and help me decide if I want to buy the next gen when it arrives (at which point I will sell the old one for money towards the new).

So, all in all, I think the Zune, although not actually yet possesing it, is right for me and my portable music needs.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:23:16 PM by MrGneissGuy » Logged
jbernardi
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 09:47:52 AM »

My wife has an iPod.  I've used it and the iTunes interface.

I like my Zune better in every area!

I've had one problem: sometimes the display turns off, as it should, while playing a set of music files; other times, the display stays on constantly while playing music.

I have tried the backlight at 5 and at 15 seconds.  I have never set it to stay on constantly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 03:15:59 PM by jbernardi » Logged
blorsung
lil zuner

253906341 polarboy49
View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »

Apple is good and all, but I'm through-and-through a Microsoft guy. I've grown up wth Microsoft and I just love it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: What do you think about the Zune? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans