Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:29:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: What do you think about the Zune? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What do you think about the Zune?  (Read 1098 times)
pinksage
zune trooper

intricate_wisdom@hotmail.com mzsaqe
View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:16:24 PM »

On generatiozune.net there willbe a section with peoples comments about the zune. Feel free to share your expiriences with the Zune. I will feature 3 every week.

thanks Smiley

http://generationzune.net
http://gamertagradio.com

giostatic
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 11:02:27 AM »

needs more things like the ipod has
maddawg1000
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 10:41:43 AM »

it has more features than the ipod
jtorzecho
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »

Grin to hell with ipood!!! Grin

zune rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Pain had always been my dearest friend, it was always there for me when my dreams crumbled."
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »

Cool. To steal a bit of a quote from Jander, I see the Zune as a seed from which a mighty oak will grow over time. This device has so much potential it's ridiculous. Changes are coming. Slowly, but they are coming. People just have to be patient, and eventually your patience will be rewarded. Microsoft has stated that they are in this market for the long haul, and so am I. I'm a steadfast Zune believer.

Sorry, MS. Nothing personal.
Demonik Penguin
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:42:10 AM »

Hmmm, what do I think about the Zune? oh, it sux, but I bought one anyway, j/k  Grin  I really like it, the only thing I think it really needs right now is better video file support, but I'm sure that will be added later, otherwise I really like it.

Trastan
zune commando

Find me on XBox Live!

animasaki@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 03:11:45 PM »

There's just no question: the Zune is the best player around. At this point, the iPod is shown to depend too much on the content of its online store, and too little on innovation in the player itself. With a more professional look, sturdy, scratch-resistant screen and body, the best sound quality of any DAP, the largest screen, a built-in FM radio, huge potential with built-in Wi-Fi, and a fluid, logical interface, the iPod is left with nothing but a smaller body, and notes and contacts browsing. I may sound a bit like a spokesperson here, but after all of the research I've done to find the right player, there's no question left as to which has the most potential, and the best team behind it.

After hearing that the iPhone was supposed to cause a swift end to the Zune franchise, I watched the keynote last night. First off, great product. I love the interface, and the ability to browse the internet relatively well. The touchscreen technology is impressive, as is the size. What I don't understand is how they can even make the comparison, and why the comparison is made toward the Zune in particular. The iPod portion of the iPhone is nothing more than an improved interface. (And for the record, I'm not too impressed with it. Where's my album browser? I sure hope they aren't thinking that coverflow is meant to replace it.) And 4GB of space at $500? That doesn't leave much for music storage, much less movies.

I got on a rant there, and I didn't meant to. The iPhone should be a fantastic product, and I hope it spurs other manufacturers on to making better phones. My only beef is with those who instantly dismissed the Zune because of the Apple keynote. I neither see the relation, nor the threat. They are different devices, with different capabilities, for different markets.

See the Zune for what it is, and realize how lacking the 5 and 5.5 generation iPods are in comparison. I fully expect Microsoft to flesh out the Zune just like with the XBox 360, and turn it into the platform to be reckoned with. The media player and videogame console markets are going to get pretty interesting from here on out.

Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 12:28:00 AM »

There's just no question: the Zune is the best player around. At this point, the iPod is shown to depend too much on the content of its online store, and too little on innovation in the player itself. With a more professional look, sturdy, scratch-resistant screen and body, the best sound quality of any DAP, the largest screen, a built-in FM radio, huge potential with built-in Wi-Fi, and a fluid, logical interface, the iPod is left with nothing but a smaller body, and notes and contacts browsing. I may sound a bit like a spokesperson here, but after all of the research I've done to find the right player, there's no question left as to which has the most potential, and the best team behind it.

After hearing that the iPhone was supposed to cause a swift end to the Zune franchise, I watched the keynote last night. First off, great product. I love the interface, and the ability to browse the internet relatively well. The touchscreen technology is impressive, as is the size. What I don't understand is how they can even make the comparison, and why the comparison is made toward the Zune in particular. The iPod portion of the iPhone is nothing more than an improved interface. (And for the record, I'm not too impressed with it. Where's my album browser? I sure hope they aren't thinking that coverflow is meant to replace it.) And 4GB of space at $500? That doesn't leave much for music storage, much less movies.

I got on a rant there, and I didn't meant to. The iPhone should be a fantastic product, and I hope it spurs other manufacturers on to making better phones. My only beef is with those who instantly dismissed the Zune because of the Apple keynote. I neither see the relation, nor the threat. They are different devices, with different capabilities, for different markets.

See the Zune for what it is, and realize how lacking the 5 and 5.5 generation iPods are in comparison. I fully expect Microsoft to flesh out the Zune just like with the XBox 360, and turn it into the platform to be reckoned with. The media player and videogame console markets are going to get pretty interesting from here on out.

Yup yup, apples to oranges. Wink

"The features of Zune are better than iPod for many people. The features of iPod are better than Zune for many people. We're debating over preference - something any two people may see differently."
-Palmer Deville
aaron00lee
zune rockstar

Zune, School and Fun...my life in a nutshell

aaron00lee
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 03:33:07 AM »

Yup yup, apples to oranges. Wink
Hear Hear

tortgirl
zune n00bie

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »

I love my Zune.  I'm not one that really cares about making sure that it runs circles around the IPod.  The Zune is something that's going to grow and I like that.  I don't mind coming in at the beginning.  Rome wasn't built and a day and you can't expect the Zune to dominate in 2-3 months.  It's an unfair expectation to put on MS.

I believe that the Zune has a special place in the market right now for those who do not want to go with an IPod because everyone and their mom has one.  There are few individualist out there.  But there are enough that have not yet bought an Ipod *raises hand*.  Plus, I really like the additional things that the Zune can do that the IPod can't do yet like the wi-fi and the tuner but you know Apple and others are working on it right now for the next holiday season.  It will take them 6 gens to get it right.  Cheesy

As far as my experiences with the software, it's been flawless.  I haven't had one crash, one problem, or any issues.  It's a lot like WMP11 so I'm kind of use to the layout.  Have I had my first social yet?  No.  Sad But it will come in time.  At school I've shown it to a few people and many said it's intuitive and very easy to use.  Others loved the landscape layout of the video and picture playback.  Although it's not true widescreen, it's still pretty cool.  I've been telling my brother about it and when I visit him in a few months, he'll probably nab mine.   Grin  My tech guru (he's getting a Masters in CIS) didn't have any real advice for me but once I bought it, he was asking me all types of questions about it and how I liked it.  It's definitely a conversation starter.

My opinion is that if you're interested in something different and willing to wait for the cool extras (wide range of speakers, tons of covers/skins, etc...) then the Zune is perfect.
pinksage
zune trooper

intricate_wisdom@hotmail.com mzsaqe
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »

Nice! I  like to see what other's experiences are as well.

http://generationzune.net
http://gamertagradio.com

aaron00lee
zune rockstar

Zune, School and Fun...my life in a nutshell

aaron00lee
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 04:13:08 AM »

It is purely awesome

nlkccom
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »

I kind of got a Zune by accident, I won my white Zune in a drawing at a recent MS Vista/Office 2007 launch event.  I already had a ipod nano, and it's working fine for me since I use it mostly at the gym.  After I played around with the Zune, then I realized how lacking the ipod is.  The interface is so plain, and seems like the expandabililty is very limited compare to the Zune.  I think the Zune has potential, and will slowly convert ipod user over to be a Zune user.

toreen
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »

zune looks more stylish than the ipod, even though they're just rectangles with a screen and buttons
tbird
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »

IMO looks better, doesnt scratch, has a bigger screen, has WiFi, Has FM, isnt from Apple.
Great product!
And now that I have figured out how to get Video to it... Grin Grin
Honestly every IPod owner I have run into has come away with thier first hands on look at my Zune, feeling bad about thier Ipod.
Because.........
You cant beat the screen size.
You cant beat the sound.
You cant beat the WiFi.
You cant beat the Fm.
You cant beat the fact that it doesnt look beat up after 30 minutes out of the box.
Also I dont want a device that is a phone and my media player.
A phone is a phone, but my media player is a Zune.
Cant wait to see what the coming months have to offer.

Long Live the Zune 30!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Content for your Zune  |  Zune Community Center (Moderator: pinksage)  |  Topic: What do you think about the Zune? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans