Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2008, 02:05:22 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., Jander, coot66)  |  Topic: Everybody See The Zunes To Be Handed Out At The Dem & Rep Conventions?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everybody See The Zunes To Be Handed Out At The Dem & Rep Conventions??  (Read 549 times)
1shado1
zune trooper

Scratch 'n Sniff

View Profile
Everybody See The Zunes To Be Handed Out At The Dem & Rep Conventions??
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:12:52 PM »

http://gizmodo.com/5042204/democrats-and-republicans-get-special-edition-zunes-for-their-conventions
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 05:17:16 PM by 1shado1 » Logged

Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay.

glowbee
zune master

View Profile
Re: Everybody See The Zunes To Be Handed Out At The Dem & Rep Conventions??
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:30:48 PM »

Wow. Just.... yeah. What is MS thinking with all these oddball special editions and partnerships? I mean, who in the heck are they trying to appeal to here?

tbird
zune rockstar

Just your average Zune 30 user!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:09:57 PM »

I kind of think its a clever idea. They are introducing the Zune to a group of people that may not know anything about it at all and the Zune's are promoting an environmental message. To be honest out of all the LE Zune's floating around out there right now, these are a couple I wouldn't mind owning.

Jander
zune rockstar

Mr. 1000. Professional DJ.

justy@gnuk.net
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »

I mean, who in the heck are they trying to appeal to here?

Colbert, Stewart, O'Reilly and Olbermannn? Wink

Vipralion
zune commando

Call Me When You're Sober

vipralion@hotmail.com Vipralion01
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:27:45 AM »

Hey... why do they get colors on the back of their Zunes?

Zune-Meister
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 01:55:23 AM »

Quote from: glowbee on August 26, 2008, 06:30:48 PM
Wow. Just.... yeah. What is MS thinking with all these oddball special editions and partnerships? I mean, who in the heck are they trying to appeal to here?

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Ricardo Dawkins
zune rockstar

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 05:14:01 AM »

are these thing laser engraved ?
how are the colors done on the metal back ?

Black Zune 80 & Samsung YH-J70 + Zune 80 Premium + AKG K26p + JVC HA-FX33 Blue -Marshmallows-. Zune 30 (sold)
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 06:14:30 AM »

I guess what I'm trying to say is aren't there a lot wiser and further reaching choices they could make with these affiliations from a marketing standpoint? I mean really, how about more artist LEs or maybe even editions that feature major university logos (back to school, anyone?) or something, but political conventions? I understand and support pimping environmental initiatives, but wouldn't something like this be better suited to something like sponsoring a Jack Johnson concert tour where they reach people who are specifically musically inclined as well as environmentally conscious? Just makes more sense to me. The whole convention thing is just weird.

glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 06:34:30 AM »

Quote from: Jander on August 26, 2008, 10:48:25 PM
I mean, who in the heck are they trying to appeal to here?

Colbert, Stewart, O'Reilly and Olbermannn? Wink

I'm afraid Colbert is already a lost cause.  Tongue

RL
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15:41 AM »

Seems like there might be a little something extra in these Zunes.   According to Kotaku, there is a game preloaded.

http://kotaku.com/5042029/microsoft-gives-dnc-delegates-the-gift-of-game-and-mostly-music

Considering the xbox\rock the vote campaign, and the rumored delay of the xbox fall update to November, we may be seeing the beginning of the Xbox\Zune integration and cross-marketing.
gljvd
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »

This will get them some press i'd say.

Besides who cares who they give them out too . Might as well get more in the hands of people.

[
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »

Quote from: gljvd on August 27, 2008, 12:42:25 PM
Besides who cares who they give them out too . Might as well get more in the hands of people.

I care (kind of) about getting them into the hands of the right people, people who truly care about products like these and can spread the word, not a bunch of middle aged people with an agenda, most of who couldn't care less about PMPs or Microsoft. Otherwise you're just giving away free product for nothing and throwing good money after bad (again) in yet another wasted effort to increase visibility and gain market share. Here's what's going to happen 93.8% of the time after the convention is over:

Delegate gets home from convention. Walks in the door, spouse greets them.

Spouse: Hi, honey. How was the convention?
Delegate:  Long. I thought Hillary would never shut up. But OK otherwise.
Spouse: Did you get any good swag this year?
Delegate: Yeah, there were a couple of things. Microsoft were giving out these music thingies. It's called a "Zune", I think.
Spouse: Oh, that's neat. Well that was nice of them.
Delegate: I thought so.

Then free Limited Edition DNC Zune now makes it's way on to bookshelf where it will never be used or spoken of again.

Yet another fruitless LE Zune campaign bites the dust.

gljvd
zune trooper

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »

Heh , Look , they will get alot of press for handing these out at conventions and even if 1 or 2 of the people there use it , if they are famous they will get even more plublicty. Just imagine if John Mcain actually uses his anywhere , think of all the press that would cause.

[
ethics0001
zune dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »

Anybody seeing them on ebay yet?
tbird
zune rockstar

Just your average Zune 30 user!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 01:01:28 AM »

Quote from: glowbee on August 27, 2008, 02:29:41 PM
I care (kind of) about getting them into the hands of the right people, people who truly care about products like these and can spread the word, not a bunch of middle aged people with an agenda, most of who couldn't care less about PMPs or Microsoft. Otherwise you're just giving away free product for nothing and throwing good money after bad (again) in yet another wasted effort to increase visibility and gain market share.
Yet another fruitless LE Zune campaign bites the dust.
Totally disagree!  Who are the right people? Who actually pays for what the "target" demo uses? It's Mom or Dad or the Grandparents. Its certainly not the target demo. If you show those who actually pay for stuff, that yes you can enter the digital world and still be safe, and actually have a good time, well then guess as to what is the target demo going to get from the family for Christmas this year!
As a "middle aged + person" I find it just a bit offensive that just because I am a bit older than than the target demo, that I don't have a clue about a PMP's.
I think giving these Zune out during the political conventions, with a green message, is actually one of the better moves that MS has done with this product.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Zune Boards  |  General Discussions (Moderators: Zunerama Ed., Jander, coot66)  |  Topic: Everybody See The Zunes To Be Handed Out At The Dem & Rep Conventions?? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List