Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:43:42 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Sony Mp3 Media Players « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Sony Mp3 Media Players  (Read 1622 times)
nymbis
zune commando

View Profile Email
Sony Mp3 Media Players
« on: November 27, 2006, 08:55:46 PM »

Welcome! This is the topic just for Sony Mp3 devices. Please keep all subject matter to this thread related to Sony's devices and keep it clean. Other than that, enjoy!

Nymbis
aaron00lee
zune rockstar

Zune, School and Fun...my life in a nutshell

aaron00lee
View Profile
Re: Sony Mp3 Media Players
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 07:49:42 AM »

i love the Psp, had it since it's launch and i love it for gaming and playin vids....although i only got a 1 gig stick

KushInatoR
zune commando

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 04:44:42 PM »

Haven't seen any good mp3 players from Sony. The PsP is good, but the largest memory stick you can get is 4 gigs, not enough...
I think they really got caught off guard in the mp3 market...
fireboy
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2006, 11:21:13 PM »

My last mp3 player was the sony nw-hd5.
It was a great player, and it had about 40 hours of battery life.

glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »

I have one of the strangest MP3 players ever made sitting around here somewhere. It's the Sony NW-E307 aka "The Bean". It has phenomenal battery life as well. I was able to plug it into speakers at work and play it every day all week long before it would need a recharge. The interface wasn't bad for such a small player, but the physical design was definitely a love/hate thing. Sony has made one or two decent DAPs, it's too bad that their music management software (SonicStage) is such a nightmare.

BTW, I also owned a PSP for about six months and wasn't terribly impressed with anything except the large screen. Didn't really need most of it's functions since I already had a large capacity music player and an ultraportable notebook for web surfing. Plus the game selection was a little weak. So I sold it and used the money to buy a DS Lite and a couple of games, which I'm much happier with.

Sorry, MS. Nothing personal.
Spencer_Zune
zune trooper

Good Times, Bad Times, I know I'v Had My Share.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 10:39:58 AM »

I used to have the "NW-HD5 Sony MP3 Player", it is the best I have ever heard along with the "Zune".

How can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?-
Pink Floyd (Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2)

Revised Zuners Blog:
http://zuners-blog.blogspot.com/
aaron00lee
zune rockstar

aaron00lee
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 07:39:08 AM »

yea sonicstage is a pain in the [butt]

fireboy
zune-ologist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 11:23:25 PM »

I don't understand why everyone complains about the sonicstage software. I used it for about two years, and never had a problem with it, I actually prefer it to the zune software.

aaron00lee
zune rockstar

aaron00lee
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 09:03:02 AM »

well when i  used it with my psp it got kinda annoying, more annoying than zune software

rj1790
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 11:24:17 PM »

Sonic Stage is awesome! Its not that hard.
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »

SonicStage is the spawn of Satan. It's just not a very intuitive piece of software. The interface is very clumsy, the album info lookup is a joke and doesn't find album art 75% of the time, and you had to dig just to find the options that control how the software behaved, and there were very few of those once you found them. I swear when I was using it that just about every third time I hooked up my player it would try to auto sync my music even though I had turned auto sync off repeatedly. I'm not saying the Zune software is a dream come true, but I do find it a little simpler to use. iTunes has to be the easiest by far, and hopefully Zune will get there in the near future.

rj1790
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 06:20:49 PM »

Well only if u have Sony devices it will be easier. Like converting to Atrac3 or ACC
glowbee
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »

Quote from: rj1790 on January 12, 2007, 06:20:49 PM
Well only if u have Sony devices it will be easier. Like converting to Atrac3 or ACC

I do (see my first post in this thread). I prefer using the Sony MP3 File Manager with it. Much, much simpler. There's also another third party music manager for Sony's Network Walkman called GYM (Get Your Music) that's supposed to be very good. They have a lot of information about it over on the ATRAC Life forums.

AK Water
zune rockstar

iPod Owner, Zune Admirer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2007, 09:15:26 AM »

I can't stand Sony but I do love my PSP.  Never will buy another Sony product in the future.  I just can't stand all their crap with the DRM CDs, the PS3, blu-ray, and all their lies. 

If you told me in 2001 that Apple and Microsoft where gonna be number 1 and 2 in this market by 2007, I probably would have called you crazy. 
nymbis
zune commando

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »

Now wait a second AK, care to explain a bit.. for the board:) You can't just go around making accusations without support.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Sony Mp3 Media Players « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans