Zunerama logo   
News: Compare Zune vs iPod

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 09, 2012, 12:11:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zunerama Exclusive: Incipio Metal cases for Zune  (Read 9576 times)
Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
Zunerama Exclusive: Incipio Metal cases for Zune
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »

From our Zune blog:

I have just spent a very enjoyable evening testing and photographing Incipio's soon-to-be-released metal cases for Zune. In this Zunerama exclusive (thanks, Incipio!), you'll see why the fit, finish, and overall form of these cases is something to be excited about.

I received six cases from Incipio: three each for my Zune 80GB and Zune 8GB/4GB players. Both cases have a clear front shield that protects the screen, and open access to buttons and touch pad.

They are feather-light cases - made of very thin anodized aluminum - that add very little weight and almost no bulk to your player.

The upper and lower halves of the case slide together precisely, with a groove guiding the two pieces together. A pair of circular nubs in the base settle into openings on the top half to secure the two pieces together.

You can switch between a spring-clasp belt clip and a kickstand clip. As far as I have seen, this is the first kickstand case for a flash Zune - great for comfortable viewing angles for videos and slideshows.

What will really wow you, though, is the finish. These cases are really eye-popping - some of the most beautiful cases I've seen and held.

I can't decide if I like the Antique Copper best, or the pink. Others may prefer the gleaming chrome or more matte-like black. The rich colors look great on the anodized finish.

Here are a few more shots; to really appreciate these cases, though, you need to get over to our photo review: LINK.

Now.

tbird
zune rockstar

Enjoying the space of the 120

View Profile
Re: Zunerama Exclusive: Incipio Metal cases for Zune
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 12:59:37 AM »

Very nice looking cases. What do they cost and when will they become available? Got to tell you though, its starting to get harder and harder not to bite the bullet and just get an 80.
Man.....where was all this stuff when the 30 came out?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 01:06:22 AM by tbird » Logged

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:13:55 AM »

I am trying to get pricing data now. These should be up on Incipio's site in the next day or so!

rich3327
zune master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 05:45:38 AM »

Wow, these are very cool. Thanks for the review.

After looking at all of the photos, I am really excited about these. I may swap out my leather Zune case.

Really, really nice cases.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 02:20:49 PM by rich3327 » Logged

"I always laugh at my own jokes; that way there's always at least one person laughing!" - Me
PirateStef
lil zuner

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:52:08 AM »

I was searching for metal cases for my zune (i love the style)
but wil they get them for the 30gb zune?
Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 06:08:16 AM »

Nice photos....good finish on those cases...that antique copper looks classic. Cheesy

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Guardian24
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 09:04:24 AM »

All I can say is WOW!!! Those cases look amazing. The antique copper would look very classy sitting on a desk. Thanks for the great review.

Blackie
zune rockstar

I am a Geek

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:19:58 PM »

Those are cool! I like the orange one for the 80.  Its awesome. Actually, if you look at the 8gb case, it looks like a smily face

Bill Gates: "We are not the hardware company that Apple is, but Apple is not the software company that we are"
CapriZero
zune trooper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 07:08:42 PM »

Really nice! I love the copper one and the one with chrome finish, they look amazing!
I love it that they bring a screen shield; a must for me, 'cause I keep my Zune in my purse/bag along with many other objects. I hope these are not very expensive.

spencerjf
zune commando

Good Times, Bad Times, I know I'v Had My Share.

spencerjf13 spencerjf@ymail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

Those are great! Thanks for the pictures!

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 10:29:23 AM »

Incipio just released the prices for these cases:

Zune 80 - $29.99

Zune 4/8 - $19.99

typoink
zune rockstar

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 10:55:01 AM »

These are very nice looking indeed!  I think these are the best-looking cases outside of the official leather cases that I've seen.  And maybe Speck's techstyle case, but I really don't like that one for practical reasons.

I don't see myself buying one of these incipio cases because I really prefer some sort of flap over the screen (with a setup like this, I just see the plastic protector getting annoyingly scratched before too long).  But it's nice to see another company actually producing a case with quality styling and finish.
Laike
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 03:01:49 PM »

These are really nice looking cases, I too am concerned about scratching up the screen protector, but I think I will still consider this as a replacement for my agent18 case in a few months.

+1 for the I'll stop kissing girls if Zune Marketplace stops suggesting the song club
laid.to.rest0
zune-ologist

I drink your milkshake! I drink it up!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 03:11:30 PM »

Quote from: tbird on July 22, 2008, 12:59:37 AM
Very nice looking cases. What do they cost and when will they become available? Got to tell you though, its starting to get harder and harder not to bite the bullet and just get an 80.
Man.....where was all this stuff when the 30 came out?

These cases make the 80gb hard not to get, if they come out with one for the 30gb ill probably wait for the  generation3 zunes, whenever that comes

zune 30 gb black
want the zune 120 gb black
Novasoccer
zune dog

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 06:41:09 PM »

I deem this moment giveaway time!!! Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List