Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 05:39:12 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Archos Mp3/Video Players Topic « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Archos Mp3/Video Players Topic  (Read 867 times)
nymbis
zune commando

View Profile Email
Archos Mp3/Video Players Topic
« on: November 25, 2006, 09:20:58 PM »

Welcome to the Archos Board. Here is where you can rant and rave about the newest Archos players out. As of November 25, 2006, all Archos video and audio players are posted. Please keep this topic strictly Archos, keep it clean, and enjoy! Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:45:35 PM by nymbis » Logged
Doppleganger 68
zune-ologist

View Profile
Re: Archos Mp3/Video Players Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »

My daughter bought an archos 504.  It works great but I decided to go with a zune even after having an archos 320 myself because I love the smaller size of the zune.  The 504 is just too big to go jogging with or to really put into your pocket.  Nice dvice though.
Farshooter
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:34:51 AM »

I am a huge Archos fan. I have had a AV500 100gb and an AV402 that I was very happy with until the 404/504/604 units came out. I sold my AV500 and the AV402 to get the 404 and the 504 160gb. I only use them for video, the 404 for TV shows ripped from DVDs, and the 504 for movies ripped from DVDs (FairUse Wizard 2 is AWSOME!!!).

The only problem I have is the 404 has a non-glossy screen which makes watching in anything brighter than twilight kind of difficult.

One other thing, their email support is the worst. Always call them if you have a problem.

"When someone asks if you're a god you say YES!!"
ellechim
zune dog

William Murderface Murderface Murderface.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 10:07:04 AM »

I just want to jump in and say that while I am a Zuner I am a huge fan of Archos. We still use our 5 year old Archos which I believe is a 2G player. It's about the size of an older portable hard drive which is really what it is. The battery compartments broke a couple of years ago, the tiny lcd screen is smashed, the silver paint is worn off all the buttons, and when I bought it, it was used. But it's nigh indestructable. It has been up and down most mountains between Whistler and Mt. Hood. It's flown across the US multiple times. It's been lost in the snow, dropped, stepped on, and abused.  And yet, while waiting for my replacement Zune I used it all this last month. It has outlasted 2 iPod shuffles, 1 20G iPod, a couple of Creative cheapo players and may outlast the Zune for all I know. If Archos makes all of their products like that one they are doing something right.
dr1v3thru
zune rockstar

Dr1v3thruU
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 11:50:56 PM »

no, my sister's x04 (604?) broke after two drops from hip height. but luckily they replaced it for free. i still like the thing, she shoulda gotten the wifi version with the touchscreen though!

ZuneyTunes
lil zuner

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 08:31:55 AM »

I still own an Archos Gmini 402 since the zune doesn't quite measure up in video out to TV yet compared to the 402 which supports near DVD resolution when plugged into a TV set (hopefully they'll fix this)  Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
Zunerama Forum  |  Not Zune-Related  |  Digital Media Player board (Moderator: nymbis)  |  Topic: Archos Mp3/Video Players Topic « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans