* 0 (0%)
** 0 (0%)
*** 1 (20%)
**** 3 (60%)
***** 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alien Game - user ratings and reviews  (Read 5857 times)
Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
Alien Game - user ratings and reviews
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »

Title: Alien Game

Description: A space alien shooter. You control a tank, shooting rounds vertically at passing, attacking UFO's and alien invaders. As time goes on, the difficulty level increases as more alien craft appear at once, firing and moving at an increased pace, until you run out lives. One shot, one kill, for both you and the aliens, and your score is multiplied based on your accuracy.

Has the ability to choose a song to play during the game. Plays library at random (or alphabetically if shuffle is off) after first song.

Developer: Erm... Not entirely sure. Microsoft? XNA Creator's Club? Little vague...

Download link: http://creators.xna.com/en-us/zune_development
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 07:35:12 AM by Zunerama Ed. » Logged

Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
Re: Alien Game - user ratings and reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:27:46 AM »

Thought this game needed it's own ratings and review topic. I thought about using the image in the download link, the screenshot of the game, but wasn't entirely sure that I should...

Alien Game

4 of 5 stars

Pro: An officially licensed sample game from the XNA Creators Club. Simple, clean, unique visuals, complete with sound effects. I rather like the art style, and the little things such as explosions, smoke/dust trails, and the clouds obscuring passing aliens really add nice subtle touches. Gameplay is a little on the repetitive side, but is sort of alleviated by the difficulty progression and accuracy bonus runs. Can get fairly difficult. Includes High Scores. Can play selected songs and rest of library.

Con: Menu is too simple, with no options. Music player lacks features; can only play individual songs (followed by the rest of your library in alphabetical order, or shuffled if on), and also no ability to control volume. No (known) future updates planned. As noted above, can get repetitive.

Other Thoughts: It may look a little familiar to some, as it was featured in videos before the release of XNA 3.0 CTP. Since its really just a sample game, it's to be expected that it may be a little lacking in features.

Zunerama Ed.
Administrator
zune overlord

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:36:23 AM »

^ Awesome, thank you Darkblade. I did add the screenshot as I think Microsoft has put that out there to help promote the game (or more likely, game development).

Thanks!!

drudo
zune n00bie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 05:16:49 PM »

I'm really new to my zune.  Do I have to download the developers studio to play the game?
Juice-Master
Mod-Team
zune commando

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:36:40 AM »

To play THIS game you would.  It's kind of a pain, but Zune now offers a lot of games for free on their marketplace.

...the devils apprentice- he gave me some credit.  Fed me a line and I'll probably regret it.

"Alone Down There"  Modest Mouse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List