* 0 (0%)
** 0 (0%)
*** 0 (0%)
**** 0 (0%)
***** 9 (100%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SirTet - user ratings and reviews  (Read 7996 times)
admin
Administrator
zune commando

View Profile WWW Email
SirTet - user ratings and reviews
« on: June 02, 2008, 01:16:25 PM »

Title: SirTet

Description: A Tetris look-alike - random shapes of four square blocks fall down the playing field. Move and rotate them to create a horizontal line of blocks without gaps. When such a line is created, it disappears, and any block above the deleted line will fall. As the game progresses, the shapes fall faster. Game ends when the stack of shapes reaches the top of the playing field.

This Zune version lets you select any music from your library, provides a new color scheme and splash screen, shorter load time, and in-game pause menu so you can change the music mid-game.

Developer: fastm

Download link: http://code.google.com/p/sirtet/
Darkblade
zune trooper

View Profile
Re: SirTet - user ratings and reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 12:49:25 AM »

I'll give a review a go since this section is looking a little lonely right now.

SirTet v.4:

41/2 of 5 stars. (I'll round up in the poll since I'm feeling nice, lol)

Pro: Definitely one of the top games out there currently. Expansive, user friendly menus, customizable block schemes and controls, with one of the best music player capabilities (Play sequentially, shuffled, by artist, by album, by playlist). Has a unique loading 'bar' (screen lights up as the game loads on title). Gameplay is what you'd expect from Tetris, with increasing difficulty levels (block speed) as you go. Includes a high scores list, listing score and difficulty level. Supports both 30 and second gen Zunes, with ability to turn touch pad support on or off.

Con: No ability to control music volume. (Not so much a problem if you change it before you load the game). More customizable features would be nice, and better integration of the customizable blocks, which is currently a bit difficult to use. I actually liked the color layout of the previous version (cool blue) rather than the drab grey v.4 has.

Other Thoughts: A well made, rather professional homage to Tetris. (Note, blocks do float, as noted in the screenshot). Author is still actively working on future versions, which will include many more custom block schemes. Can probably expect other works from author as well. Currently, along with Alien Game, one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:51:10 AM by Darkblade » Logged

Ricardo Dawkins
zune overlord

dawkins_ricardo@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
Re: SirTet - user ratings and reviews
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:34:29 AM »

I agree with the above review. and since the programmer (itsnotabigtruck) is still improving it this game will be a five when it gets to version 1.0.

Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) + Black Zune 80 + MEElectronics M6 (Clear) + Zune Premium + AKG K26p

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Got a Kindle? Join our Kindle forum.

Zunerama is an independent website and is not affiliated with Microsoft. Zune, Zune Marketplace, and Zune Social are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
(c) 2006 - 2008 Zunerama. All Rights Reserved.
Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List