Zunerama logo

news | forums | accessories | help | giveaways | downloads | shop | about us

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 12, 2007, 01:11:36 AM
Home Help Search Login Register

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49
1  Not Zune-Related / Digital Media Player board / Re: iPod Touch on: October 11, 2007, 11:06:32 PM
No browser on a Zune would work as well as it does on the touch, because the touch's interface is more extensive and allows for quick typing for web searches and password entries as opposed to the constant D-pad over a virtual board that the Zune would have to do to accomplish this. Not only that, but the small size of the screen would then force one to zoom in on certain sections, which the iPod touch does really really well.
2  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune 80GB Packaging (Picture) on: October 11, 2007, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: Ricardo Dawkins on October 11, 2007, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: AK Water on October 11, 2007, 01:51:49 PM
I guess the old Zune didn't need a plastic piece right there cause the whole thing was plastic obviously, but now that its all metal it needs a place for the Wi-Fi antenna to escape.  Reminds me of the Black Plastic on the iPod Touch/iPhone but not quite as ugly and its place in a much nicer spot. 
The Touch is the one with the antenna badly placed. the iPhone got a big black band that add a nice touch to it..LOL

The iPhone DOES have an EDGE connection in there as well.

Quote from: AK Water on October 11, 2007, 02:15:25 PM
They should have did what Microsoft did and put it on the top.  I bet they didn't because it would have mad it thicker. 

It's not like the top of it is totally unoccupied.
3  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: RIAA Sends More Law Pre-Lawsuit Letters to Colleges with New School Year on: October 11, 2007, 10:47:15 PM
I guess if you use a dummy computer at a hot spot you don't own to download your ill-gotten goodies, you're golden, heh.
4  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune challenge: some shaved heads coming? on: October 11, 2007, 10:36:41 PM
While maximizing the window is an important feature (which OS X apps generally do), what is the point of locking the window in place? When the maximize button is pressed the window will expand until as much information as the display can show is revealed. Locking the window and pasting it over the entire desktop doesn't make much sense beyond this, since OS X has no task bar that display open applications in buttons for quick switching over locked windows. Also, one cannot accidentally move a window off to one side either, since the windows are designed so that you can only drag them by clicking and holding the title bar. Nowhere else on the window allows it to be dragged.

Beyond displaying the full content to the extent of your display, why would it be illogical or senseless that the window does not paste itself over the rest of the desktop?
5  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: The Zune Flash 8GB is $200?!? That seems like a lot!!! on: October 11, 2007, 09:03:01 PM
What's wrong with $200? If the prices constantly keep dropping to be more "sensible", that doesn't really bode well for the brand, in my opinion.
6  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune finally arrives.. on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:25 PM
If not for the sticker and box labels that say refurbished on them, you'd swear this thing was brand spanking new. I imagine that any Zunes being reconditioned would have their displays replaced if they were noticeably scratched. When they say that refurbs may come with cosmetic damage, usually it's only damage that won't impede upon any functions that are left alone, like a nick on a corner or something.
7  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune 80GB Packaging (Picture) on: October 11, 2007, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: Ricardo Dawkins on October 11, 2007, 12:11:45 PM
Quote from: Zunerama Ed. on October 10, 2007, 07:47:06 PM
Am I seeing it correctly, that the hold switch is now on the left side of the top of player, rather than centered?

yeah, there is a small slap or something between the hold switch and the headphones out. I think it is a plastic area for the WiFi antenna.

It is. The Zune flash has the same panel for the antenna.
8  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune finally arrives.. on: October 11, 2007, 01:29:13 PM
I'm interested to see how the wireless syncing works out (since my laptop has great connectivity). I wish that the firmware update wouldn't turn the current main menu into the new one, but it's small potatoes I guess.

So far I'm liking it, but I need new stuff on it besides the preloads :S

I have an 80GB external drive already stuffed with Zune-optimized content already, so all I needs is the Windows install to work it (make this mac compatible one day!)
9  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune finally arrives.. on: October 11, 2007, 01:13:54 PM
Nah. I didn't think it would've either since it's a refurb.
10  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: yahoo reviews new zunes... on: October 11, 2007, 01:11:29 PM
Pfffft, that reviewer is behind the times. The nano is shaped like a chiclet now, no way the same shape as the Zune flash  Grin
11  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune finally arrives.. on: October 11, 2007, 01:07:12 PM
Quote from: Zunerama Ed. on October 11, 2007, 11:44:14 AM
Zunerama's grand master plan:

Step One: Get Kaiser to the point where he's willing to own a Zune.

Step Two: Get Kaiser on the Zune Pass.

Whoa there lil kimosabe, let's not go nuts.
12  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Zune finally arrives.. on: October 11, 2007, 11:21:59 AM
So today my woot.com Zune finally arrived, and I'm sitting in my office fiddling with my new toy. First off, woot.com rules for the $100 deal, and second, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase thus far. There's no need to introduce the boxing or even the device inside I suppose, so I won't bother going into detail about it. What I will say about it though is that unboxing this thing is really a pleasure. Microsoft gets lots of points for the box and the way the content is stored. The Zune itself is in great shape. Despite being refurbished, there seems to be no scuffing, scratches or loose buttons. Even the hold switch is nice and proper, so it's basically like new. I can't wait to stuff it full of movies to give it a proper test run. I think this one calls for The Matrix Reloaded, since it's full of big visuals and lots of warping bullet time sounds.
13  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune challenge: some shaved heads coming? on: October 11, 2007, 10:49:01 AM
Touche.
14  Not Zune-Related / Digital Media Player board / Re: Sorry Zunesters. Game over! on: October 11, 2007, 08:35:42 AM
I think the GFX issue has a lot to do with the fact that EFI-equipped computers are not nearly as numerous as those running with BIOS. The majority of cards are not EFI compliant, thus would not work in a Mac anyway, and Apple is never ever going to move over to BIOS to get video cards. In order for Apple to beef up the graphic support, manufacturers would have to make higher end mobile and desktop hardware compatible with EFI.
15  Zune Boards / General Discussions / Re: Zune 80GB Packaging (Picture) on: October 11, 2007, 08:10:12 AM
Quote from: bunnybash on October 11, 2007, 07:15:36 AM
there is no way that a CD can fit in that box, so i guess you gotta download the software, or it might be on a usb stick or something... hmm i cannot for the life of me see a disk fitting in there, unless it is one of the really small ones, which is quite possible too...

They'd never offer those smaller CD's. Only the cheap Chinese knockoffs offer those small driver discs, and it's stupid because people with slot-load drives can't use them at all. It's probably assumed that enough people already have the software on their computers, so there's no need to keep wasting materials stuffing software CD's into the box. Apple started excluding the software disc since the introduction of the 5.5G Video, which makes sense since it's been many years already and people have been installing this software and piling the updates afterwards. It's better to simply get the software online than it is to get a disc with what will quickly become outdated software.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49

Login with username, password and session length

Top Zune Sites Microsoft Zune Player Top Site List Zune-Sites.com - Microsoft Zune web sites Zune MAX Top Zune Fans